Wednesday, September 8, 2010

sweet dreams

so i stalk the fertility friend message boards regularly, and most of it is just tiresome to read. mostly people ask for other people to look at their charts and give them some glimmer of hope that they could be pregnant and the other folks seem to ask run-of-the-mill questions that they could just as soon google or read about in any fertility book ever made.
i digress.
the other day a gal posted about a dream she had that really was nice and a good thing to remember for anyone TTC. here's a bit of what she wrote:

[ I realized for me the most difficult part is people’s attempts to be supportive that just aren’t what I need to hear. You know the “you need to relax.” Or ““someone I know knows someone who….. And the end is they got pregnant without trying, timing, or taking medication.”
So this morning I woke and remembered my dream from last night. All these people in my life who are helpful and loving people came up to me and started to give me all this advice. In the dream I put a huge sticker over their mouths that read, “I care about you and I am trying to help.” Then I could just ignore what they were actually saying and read the message. Then for each person I hugged them and thanked them for their caring. The next thing was that all the women I know who have gotten pregnant since I’ve been trying came around with their big bellies. As I started to feel jealous and envious, I put a sticker on their tummies that read, “This is not the last baby, and yours is still waiting.” Then I had this new ability to be happy for them and not be so consumed with my own feelings.]

No comments:

Post a Comment